Requirements for Amendments and Revisions Based on Fill
- If an individual homeowner has technical information that he or she believes indicates his or her home has been inadvertently shown within the Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) on the effective DFIRM, the homeowner may submit that information to FEMA and request that FEMA remove the flood zone designation from the home.
- If the home has been built on natural ground, such requests are processed as Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA) requests in accordance with Part 70 of the NFIP regulations.
- If the home has been elevated on earthen fill, such requests are processed as Letter of Map Revision Based on Fill (LOMR-F) requests in accordance with Part 65 of the NFIP regulations.
- In support of LOMA and LOMR-F requests, the requester must include the surveyed elevation of the lowest ground touching the structure, the lowest enclosed level of the structure, and certain other information.
- To assist homeowners and other requesters, FEMA developed application forms and instructions. For single residential lots or structures, requesters should use the MT-EZ form. For multiple lots or structures, requesters should use the MT-1 forms package.
- For additional forms, see the FEMA Website.